Moody DUI Defense lawyer
Located in St. Clair County, Moody, Alabama has a population of about 10,000 residents.
The Moody Drunk Driving Defense Attorneys with Alabama Criminal Lawyers are dedicated to fighting for the rights of drivers who are facing DUI charges in Moody or the surrounding area. Nearly 40 people a day face charges of drunk driving in Alabama, according to the Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center.
DUI IN Moody, AL
- You have just 10 days to request a license hearing through the Alabama Department of Public Safety.
- After arrest, you will be asked to submit to a breath test, blood test or urine test.
- The first court appearance is the arraignment. You will go before a judge and typically plead not guilty.
- The preliminary hearing is held in felony cases, at which time a judge will decide if there is enough evidence for you to face the charges.
- Pretrial hearings and conferences permit the defense attorney and prosecutor to discuss the evidence, work out possible plea agreements and resolve scheduling conflicts and other issues should a trial be required.
- Pretrial motions may be filed by your attorney to suppress evidence in preparation for trial.
And, with each passing year, it seems the penalties for conviction grow more severe; in 2011, lawmakers increased the maximum penalty for a first-offense drunk driving charge from 90 days to 1 year in prison and made ignition interlock devices mandatory for some offenders.