The Eversole Law Offices defends clients accused of all types of crimes, from drunk driving violations and misdemeanors to very serious crimes. We handle cases in both Alabama state and federal courts, including the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals, the Alabama Supreme Court and the Eleventh U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
Alcohol-Related Traffic Violations
We defend clients accused of all types of alcohol- or drug-related driving violations, including:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI, sometimes also called DWI or OUI)
- Zero-tolerance DUI for drivers under 21
- Commercial driver's license DUI
- Day care and school bus drivers' DUI
- Enhancements for refusing a blood-alcohol test
- Administrative hearings to keep your driver's license
We also defend traffic tickets that aren't related to alcohol or drugs.
Drug crimes are taken seriously in Alabama, even when it's a nonviolent first offense. We defend clients caught in the "war on drugs" at both the state and federal levels and will work hard to get drug court or other alternative sentencing for nonviolent offenders. Narcotics crimes we aggressively defend against include:
- Juvenile drug crimes
- Illegal possession of prescription drugs
- Possession of paraphernalia or drug ingredients
- Possession of drugs
- Marijuana charges
- Manufacturing and cultivation
- Methamphetamine-related crimes
- Small-scale sales
- Large-scale sales, including trafficking or smuggling
- Federal drug crimes
Domestic Violence and Child Abuse
Our attorneys defend clients accused of family violence in Alabama, including domestic violence in the first, second and third degrees; abuse or neglect of a child; and violations of protective orders.
We handle all types of theft charges in Alabama, including:
- Fraud (including online fraud)
Without a doubt, sex crimes are some of the most highly stigmatized crimes in our society. Even an unfounded accusation can destroy a person's reputation; prosecutors, the media and juries frequently don't wait to hear evidence before they decide on guilt. We help Alabamans accused of:
- First-degree rape (felony rape)
- Second-degree rape (misdemeanor rape)
- Sexual misconduct
- Sexual assault of a minor or molestation
- Lewd and lascivious behavior
- Charges related to child pornography
Murder and Homicide
Our attorneys are ready to take on serious murder or manslaughter cases, including cases that may be candidates for the death penalty or life in prison.
Criminal Appeals in Alabama
If you believe there was a mistake at your trial that changed the outcome of your case or made it fundamentally unfair, the Eversole Law Offices can help you appeal it to the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals, the Alabama Supreme Court or the Eleventh U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.